1 Feb 2017

Blocks & Dots


I've been lost in Podcast Land again. Old Podcast Land to boot. Old episodes of The Bugle, Athletico Mince, No Such Thing As A Fish. Voices and humour - blocking thoughts and dropping dots of serotonin.

It happens. It always does. It passes. It always does.

Music goes out the window. Yet it eventually finds a way back in. I can't listen to my classics, I tear them apart. So it has to be something new. Something that flows, that distracts but also intrigues. Blocks and dots.

Creep Zone is a monthly show on NTS (hey it almost exclusively fills up my feed on MixCloud). It's put together by Marc Schaller and James Pants, he of Stones Throw and my favourite Boiler Room Set. It's really weird. "Dreamy electronics, wired sounds and experimentation" is how they have it. It's really quite good. I like it anyway. The tracklist means nothing to me, the only thing I clocked was David Lynch's Gordon Cole having a boogie in Twin Peaks.



Hello.