20 Feb 2016

So I've Mainly Been Listening To Podcasts...

Oh hey there.

So it's been another few months of hairy panic here.

Same thing as usual, went through a depressive period after a hypomanic one and basically shut down and stopped listening to music. Which meant no Xmas mix, no Top 10 Things I Heard This Year (though I might pop one up later), no posts what-so-ever.

I didn't listen to a single bit of music for months. My stereo remained unpacked after moving, when it's usually the first thing out of the bag. My new 50-55 minute walk to work has been soundtracked by podcasts, with SoundCloud and my new 4GB allowance getting a work out. There's also been a shut down on streaming at work.


Yet mainly it's been podcasts that have been my companion through this quite frankly shitty period. I started listening to Welcome To Night Vale about three years after everyone else, the excellent cow-focused comedy The Beef & Dairy Network Podcast and working my way through the Radiotopia stable. Particular shout-out to The Mortified Podcast, where adults get up and read out their teenage diaries and poems - I was almost in tears while walking round Kimberley Park in Falmouth listening to Emma: The Girl Who Cried Y2K with Cady.

Anyway, I've been necking the citalopram and gradually feeling better. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm back to normal. This realisation happened when I decided to listen to a mix on one of my walks to work this week. I picked Slugabed's November 2015 show on Balamii - basically he starts off playing a load of Madlib samples before running out and playing loads of weird cool stuff...



So yeah, sorry for the radio silence.