11 Aug 2016

Stranger Things & The Sea of Sound


The main theme to Stranger Things is my jam. Thank flip someone has spun it out for 10 minutes of moody 80s-ish electronic bliss.


I'm not the only one going ape for this soundtrack, as Lakeshore Records are rush releasing two volumes of it. The first comes out digitally tomorrow (Friday 12th August 2016), with a physical release to follow in September, and Gorilla Vs Bear have collated streams of three tracks from it - Kids, A Kiss, and She'll Kill You.



Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein of S U R V I V E are the guys behind the music in Netflix's cult summer smash. And Netflix needed a smash, as the finger was on the cancellation button in Ceefax Towers. It's been a while since they've had anything close to an essential series (I'm struggling to think of any since Breaking Bad) and the less said about their movie selection the better. Netflix to the head indeed.


Anyway it's been a while since I've posted but I've not slipped again, I haven't got lost in the podcast tundra, save for bingeing on Athletico Mince. It's simply that I've been listening to lots of mixes, lots of NTS shows on Mixcloud and the like. Yet I've not heard anything that's really blown my socks off. It hasn't helped that I've also not been on my laptop much either. I'm sure there's been some great stuff out there, both Metronomy and Aphex Twin have put new music out after all, but popular music has slipped past me this summer.

TBH recently it has felt like the waves of new music have become too much and it's impossible to sail through them. Instead it's simply easier to float on with mixes and TV soundtracks... I've been on a boat today.

#gondola #newport #transporter #transporterbridge #bridge

A video posted by Sammyfax (@ceefaxoflife) on