23 Aug 2013

Lone Trawl

As promised, I've had a quick listen to some of the tracks I picked up on my trawl and the first one to really stand out is Lying In The Reeds by Lone.

I found it over on Waves At Night, one of my favourites, yet it seems to scaling back. It will continue though, which is good news, as it seemed like the whole mp3 blog thing was coming to end. In a sense it probably has - people have moved on to other forms for getting new music (especially after the reformatting of Soundcloud) and the original big blogs have morphed into full-blown websites.

The first one I can remember going was The Ill-ec-tro-nic, which will always have a special place in my heart, as it was the first mp3 blog I visited (after a tip from The Guardian newspaper - not the website - when they had a proper printed music section and was less than a quid) and I downloaded A Number of Names' Shari Vari. Then of course there was the sad news that The Beat was off, which was a real loss for me and probably why the amount of post-punk being posted here has dropped so dramatically.

But let's not mope there's still good music out there and being shared, such as Lying In The Reeds by Lone (full circle!). It came out last year but is heavily influenced by the early 90s acid house sound and I love the switch back every four bars (I think, I know shit all about the structure of music).

MP3 >>> Lone - Lying In The Reeds [Hot link from Waves At Night]