31 Dec 2012

The 10 Best Things I Heard This Year

#10 The 2 Bears - Bear Hug



#9 Fuck Buttons during the opening ceremony; a genuinely gob-smacking moment.

#8 Night Works - I Tried So Hard



#7 Kiki Gyan - Disco Train



Can someone explain to me how this wasn't a massive hit way back when?

#6 Romy - Home [mp3]



#5 Slow Club - Two Cousins



#4 Julio Bashmore - Au Seve



#3 Todd Terje - Inspector Norse



#2 Breakbot - By Your Side Pt1 + 2



Well worth knocking iTunes off shuffle and letting them flow together.

#1 James Pants Boiler Room Mix



I may have heard this first at the arse end of 2011, but I can only really remember it from this autumn and it has been on heavy rotation at work ever since. Bonkers and brilliant.

Related Shiznit: The 10 Best Things I Heard This Year (2011), Top 10 Tracks Of 2010, The 10 Best Things I Heard This Year (2009)