29 Dec 2009

The 10 Best Things I Heard This Year

Despite being a little bit peeved with lists, here’s yet another one, The 10 Best Things I Heard This Year…

10. Ariel Pink @ Buffalo


8. The song that Islet always finish their sets with.

7. The literally warped version of Alphaville's Forever Young from the weird tape I found in the street.

6. The news that Animal Collective were headlining Green Man.

5. Joe from Adam & Joe's Retro Text The Nation Jingle... Trash Version.


3. Kode9 - Black Sun (mp3)

2. The intoxicating sound concocted from cries of despair and howls of laughter in the pub when Lionel Messi rose majestically to score Barcelona's second in the Champions League final.

1. Danny Boy & The Serious Gods – Castro Boy (Somewhat Normal) (mp3)... I don’t know if it says something, but for the second year running the best thing I’ve heard all year came out in the early 80s.