9 Dec 2012

Bit.Trip Beats

I got Bit.Trip Complete in the post yesterday and actually gasped when a free soundtrack CD fell out of it. Music plays an important part in the six-game Bit.Trip series and it goes hand-in-hand with the graphics and gameplay; Arcade, 8-bit and day-glo. Its retro-futurism is done with heart, class and style.

I've played demos of Bit.Trip Fate and Bit.Trip Beat (the most musically integrated title) but I'm currently hammering Bit.Trip Void:



Triumph comes from the infuriating Bit.Trip Runner but I think it's worth a listen even if you have no experience of the game.



[Right-click and "Download Document" for mp3 of Triumph from Bit.Trip Runner]

It may have started with the Zeldastep but this is definitely a crossing the Rubicon moment for me when it comes to video game soundtracks as legitimate sources of bangers (ten years late, right?)

I've also learned that you can swear on the free Amazon gift notes, good to know...