8 May 2011

Hanna / Hana



Hanna is out now. The soundtrack was done by The Chemical Brothers. Apparently it's a bit gash. The film, not the soundtrack.

Anyway upon hearing about the film my head spat out a memory from ten or so years ago. I was at a house party, somewhere in Pen-y-lan, battered off about four beers (I was sixteen). Must have been about 3am and I was slumped on the sofa flicking through the music channels. Then I found this.



I went ape shit. Someone (prob MTV 2) was playing Asa-Chang & Junray's beguiling, mesmeric, heart-wrenching, beautiful and utterly bonkers track Hana. I'd been taping late-night Radio 1 for about two years and had fallen hard for The Blue Room, the "chill-out" show presented alternatively by Rob Da Bank and Chris Coco. It was the best thing Radio 1 ever did. I first heard this track on that show and was amazed to hear it elsewhere, that I could share it with my friends in the right context.

They thought I was a tool.


[Right click and "Download Document"]